Satan is called a thief, a murderer and destroyer, all in this one little verse. If you are a child of the Most High God, he cannot have your soul; however, he is always prowling around seeking to rob you of many things.
I want you to become aware of a few major things, so that you may be prepared to stand firm against your enemy.
Satan wants to steal, kill and destroy:
* Your Vision: Proverbs 29:18 tells us, “Where there is no vision the people perish.” Ask God to give you vision for your life.
* Your Marriage: Marriages crash daily at an alarming rate. Once the family unit is broken, the society and nation has a problem with unity.
* Your Children: Lamentations 2:19 tells us to pour out our hearts like water, before the face of the Lord, to lift up our hands toward Him for the lives of our little ones. If you don’t cover your children in prayer, who will?
* Your Calling: “Faithful is He who has called you. He will bring it to pass.” What has God called you to do? Are you seeking His face, in order to know his heart and obey the calling He has placed upon your heart?
* The Promises of God: If Satan can get you to doubt the promises of God’s Word for your life; you will become disillusioned and pulled totally off the course God has ordained for you.
The next sentence in the verse, overpowers all the works of Satan. Jesus said, “I have come, that you might have life and have it more abundantly.” Oh, Dear Reader, don’t you see, your enemy can have no power over you, because your Jesus came to give you abundant life. No weapon formed against you can prosper. Jesus will provide all you have need of, abundantly. “Do not fear or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you and He is mighty to save.” Jesus has come!
Prayer in Motion:
Jesus, You have come to give me abundant life. Lord, may this be in the forefront of my mind as I do battle with my enemy. Greater are you who is in me than he who is in the world. Thank you Lord! In Jesus Name, I offer up this prayer. Amen!