Why do so many Christians feel it’s ok to regularly forsake the assembling of themselves together with a body of believers? Besides a job or illness; which are viable reasons, what are some regularly given excuses? You’ve heard them all.
- I just can’t get out of bed.
- It’s my only day to rest.
- I have to do my chores on Sunday.
- It’s my day to visit family and friends.
- I watch preaching on T.V. What about gathering yourself together with other believers? Do you have a time that you assemble yourself with your brothers and sisters in Christ? If you can’t gather with them on Sunday; is there another possible time? No man is an island. God meant for the body of Christ to be together, regularly. We need the encouragement and the accountability. When we are weak; our fellow brothers and sisters help to lift us up. The messages spoken through our pastors are God given and meant to convict and encourage us in our walk with the Lord. No matter the size of your house of worship; it’s not the same without your presence. There’s a hole in that place of worship and there’s a hole in you as well. God created you; my dear sister or brother in Christ, to be a viable part of the body of Christ. He’s given you gifts that are meant to be used to accomplish His kingdom purposes. He longs for His body of believers to be fed through the teaching and preaching of His Word. Prayer in Motion: Lord Jesus, You ordained Your purposes and Your plans for my life. One of them is to assemble myself with my sisters and brothers in Christ on a regular basis. I acknowledge this is for my good and Your glory. Thank You Jesus. It’s in Your Name I offer up this prayer. Amen