Many times; my actions do not line up with my words. The things I want to do, I do not do. The things I do not want to do; I do anyway. Here’s the thousand dollar question. Do I apply the words I read on a daily basis? Do I live out what I give out to the people in my sphere of influence? Do I live like I believe God’s Word implanted in me?
I have hidden “God’s Word in my heart, that I might not sin against God.” Here’s the rub. My flesh wants its way when it wants it. Will I defer to my flesh or to the Holy Spirit who dwells within me? As Paul said, “Who can set me free?” “Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift.” He has made a way when my flesh is screaming for its own way. “Things impossible with me are possible with God”.
You have been empowered with God’s Holy Spirit. He’s given you the power to act and react the way He chooses versus the way you choose. After having done all, remember you can “stand and see the salvation of the Lord.”
A few words to help us desire His ways above our own.
- “A soft answer turns away wrath.”
- “Be kind to one another; tenderhearted forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake has forgiven you.”
- “God is love.” Who will win in your times of wrath, God or your flesh?
- “Do not be afraid for the Lord your God is with you.”
- “No weapon formed against you shall prosper.”
- “My God will supply all of your needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus.” You see my friend, “His ways are higher than our ways”. He longs to “teach you and train you in righteousness.” The battle against our flesh is intense but we have been given God’s Holy Spirit and His Word to equip us in this world. He promises, “In this world you will have tribulation, but do not be afraid; for I have overcome the world”. When you are tempted to lash out; go before the Lord your God. Lash out to Him. He can take it. Seek His face. Know His heart. Ask Him how to act and react in every harsh circumstance. Find His Words and eat them so you won’t have to eat your own. Prayer in Motion: Lord of heaven and earth; Help me lay down my own fleshly actions and reactions and remember there’s a better way. Help my heart and flesh to default to the Holy Spirit whom You have provided. Thank You Lord for teaching me and training me in righteousness. I love You Lord. In Jesus Name. Amen